Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve Cruise
Ocean Cay, a Unique Island
A cruise to the Caribbean on an MSC cruise ship will take you to the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Ocean Cay is part of the Bimini chain of islands in the western Bahamas, 20 miles (32 km) south of Bimini and just 65 miles (104.5 km) east of Miami.
MSC Cruises has helped this country set up an environmental paradise and an exclusive spot for vacationing in harmony with nature in one of its most astonishing locations: Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
You will discover six splendid beaches, a vast calm lagoon, the harmonious lines of the typical houses of a Bahamian village and much more. The crown jewel of Ocean Cay are the aquatic sports activities, suitable for adults and children.
In addition, one of the island’s beaches is dedicated to families. Located a short distance from where the ships are docked and the area is fully equipped. The more romantic cruise goers, on the other hand, will be able to envision their wedding on the northern beach or simply take a stroll at sunset.
MSC Cruises excursions include an underwater exploration of the MSC Marine Reserve with its astounding tropical underwater life. During your Caribbean cruise, you will also be able to independently snorkel and swim in the waters of Ocean Cay.
The attractions of this unique island also include its seaside restaurants and tiki bars, while the expert staff of Aurea Spa will offer massages and beauty treatments in sea view cabanas.
Excursions & Activities
experiencing ocean cay msc marine reserve
Areal view of Ocean Cay
Ocean Cay Great Lagoon
Great Lagoon and Great Bimini Beach
Ocean Cay Marina
- Where is Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve?
- Where does the ship dock? How do I reach the island?
- If I want want to reach my cabin – can I come back to the ship any time?
- Is there an Information Centre?
Beaches and water sports
- Are sunbeds and umbrellas on the beaches?
- What about safety on the beach?
- Where can I rent equipment for water sports?
Food and drinks
- Where can I get food on the island?
An island paradise wouldn’t be an island paradise without great food and you will find a mouth-watering choice on Ocean Cay:
- Buffet - This is the place to be for freshly prepared meals from a variety of international culinary traditions, including American classics and authentic Bahamian flavours, conveniently located near the family lagoon.
- Food Trucks - Food trucks with snacks, hot dogs. etc will also move around the island, so you can enjoy your favourites wherever they want.
- Where can I get beverages or ice creams on the island?
- Tiki Bars - There are 7 tiki bars spread across the island, each with its own personality and its own special look and feel.
- Springer’s - Managed by the Bahamian Springer family and located in the marina, this friendly bar offers cocktails and drinks in authentic Bahamian style.
- Lighthouse Bar - This Hemingway-style cocktail bar offers an ample selection of rums, other spirits and delicious cocktails, all served with incredible sea views.
- Coffee Bar - The coffee bar offers freshly brewed whole bean and ground coffee, espresso and cappuccino for an energetic start to the day on Ocean Cay or a quick boost throughout the day.
- Ice Cream Parlour - Located in the marina and in partnership with San Bernardo Ice Cream, this venue offer hundreds of different kinds of ice cream, from classics to more innovative flavours with a Bahamian twist.
- Do onboard beverages packages include food and drinks on the island?
Excursions, entertainment & shopping
- What can I do on the island?
The Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve is full of amazing activity options:
- Ocean Cay boasts miles of pristine white sand, lovingly curated and spread over seven distinct beach areas, each with its own allure and charm.
- A wide variety of dining and drinking options – including a buffet, seven beach tiki bars, two signature bars, several food trucks as well as an ice cream parlour and coffee bar.
- The island’s authentic Bahamian-style village with a wide range of places to shop, eat, drink and relax
- At the signature red-and-white lighthouse, a Hemingway-style bar and terrace will offer cocktails and a sweeping ocean view.
- Ocean Cay excursions will allow you to explore, discover, relax and enjoy nature’s beauty.
- At the MSC Aurea Spa, you can choose from a range of relaxing body and facial treatments and enjoy the added benefit of spectacular island view.
- Guests will be entertained by DJs, live Bahamian music, dance lessons and a pop-up evening cinema.
- Which family-friendly activities are available?
- Can I plan and book the activities to do on the sland before the cruise?
- How can I book excursions?
Excursions can be booked in any of the following ways:
- prior to the cruise via the MSC website,
- on board the ship, either at the Excursions’ Desk or via the MSC for Me app (only on MSC Seaside and MSC Meraviglia)
- at the Welcome Centre, located at the plaza directly on Ocean Cay itself.
- Which entertainment options are available on the island?
- Can I do some shopping?
- Ocean Cay Trading Post Here you can choose from a wide selection of Ocean Cay souvenirs and gifts for both adults and children, ranging from T-shirts, caps, beach items, towels and accessories. You will also find beach essentials like sunscreen lotions and lip balms.
- Bahamian Straw Market For arts and crafts by local artisans and more, the Bahamian Straw Market is a fun place to shop. The Market accept only cash (USD) as a form of payment.