London, UK – 4 May 2021: On board MSC Virtuosa, food lovers will find everything they can dream of and more. With ten world-class restaurants, including five specialty restaurants, 21 bars and lounges both indoor and outdoor, and globally inspired menus from all corners of the globe, the ship is truly a gourmand’s paradise.
Antonio Paradiso, MD MSC Cruises UK & Ireland commented: “Dining is at the heart of MSC Cruises, and our guests can taste our passion for food in every mouthful at every restaurant on board MSC Virtuosa. We always ensure the highest quality and unbeatable variety, so whatever our guests are in the mood for, they can be sure they will find it on board and it will be beyond expectations.
Just for our British guests, we have gone the extra mile, offering them everything they could possibly desire, from the classic carvery to the traditional back bacon, guests will find special British options for that incomparable taste of home!
It’s finally time for food enthusiasts across the UK to start discovering new flavours again, and there’s no better place than on MSC Virtuosa.”
Whether guests are looking for their old favourites cooked to perfection or are seeking out something they have never tried before, there is an unbeatable amount of choice on board MSC Virtuosa and something for every occasion – from the Marketplace buffet for relaxed dining, to champagne and caviar, to the very best authentic, international cuisines and flavours. Chefs use the freshest ingredients and handcraft dishes with passion and expertise so guests can be assured that they will have the high quality they know and love from MSC Cruises.
To whet guests’ appetites, here are some of the dining highlights on board MSC Virtuosa:
1. AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DISHESAs guests journey around the UK on MSC Virtuosa, their tastebuds can travel the world. A firm favourite amongst MSC guests, American steakhouse, Butcher’s Cut will return on MSC Virtuosa, along with the stylish and entertaining Kaito Teppanyaki where chefs impress diners with tricks and flips, and the intimate Kaito Sushi Bar where sushi, sashimi and tempura is made fresh in front of guests’ eyes.
Making their debuts on MSC Virtuosa are two new speciality restaurants: Indochine and HOLA! Tacos & Cantina. Indochine combines two culinary heritages as it brings together savoury Vietnamese classics and gives them a contemporary French twist, resulting in unique fusion dishes including Green Papaya Salad and Vietnamese spring rolls.
At HOLA! Tacos & Cantina, guests can enjoy a fiesta of a feast, with MSC Cruises’ first street food dining concept where Latin American and Mexican inspired dishes are made to share alongside a top selection of Tequilas and Mezquals. At the signature salsa bar, guests can dial up the spice with a variety of sauces, while the guacamole station lets them choose between having their guacamole made for them or putting their culinary skills to the test and making it themselves at the table.
2. QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP FROM CULINARY EXPERTSEach restaurant on board MSC Virtuosa uses fresh, high-quality ingredients so guests can be assured that every bite has the exceptional level of quality that they have come to know and expect from MSC Cruises.
At the Marketplace buffet, guests can watch as chefs stretch mozzarella and make pizzas by hand, and delight in the aromas of freshly baked bread and hand-finished fresh pasta.
Elsewhere on the ship, only the best quality fish is used at the sushi bar, the finest single-source caviar accompanies the Moët in the champagne bar, and award-winning pâtissier, Jean-Phillipe Maury selects the highest quality chocolate for his chocolaterie.
3. MSC STARSHIP CLUB LIFTS OFFMSC Starship Club is the first immersive, futuristic experience of its kind at sea. Taking mixology to a whole other dimension, guests will find humanoid robotic bartender, ‘Rob’, behind the bar. A feat of engineering, Rob can shake up 16 signature cocktails and an infinite number of personalised cocktails, including the ‘Black Hole Punch’, ‘Galactic Cloud’, ‘Frozen Photon’ and ‘Jupiter Passion’. All drinks are served in a specially designed MSC Starship Club glass which guests can keep as a memento of their experience.
3D holograms, a digital art wall and a 12-seater infinity digital interactive table make the immersive bar out of this world, giving guests the possibility to explore space with their own personalised galactic tour.
4. BOTTOMS UP! BARS AND LOUNGES GALOREGuests can enjoy a tipple or two with 21 bars and lounges to choose from. For a refined affair, the elegant Champagne Bar offers a wide selection of champagnes accompanied by a luxurious array of caviar, oysters and crab to complement.
The Sky Lounge is known for its molecular cocktails in art deco inspired surroundings, while L’Atelier Bar & Art is a sensory sensation where guests can enjoy a night cap accompanied by an exclusive art gallery and live jazz music. Featuring 11 masterpieces from world-renowned artists, sourced from a private collection, the gallery is comprised of seven Roy Lichtenstein and four Andy Warhol pieces, as well as a digital corner with information about each of them.
At Masters of the Sea, guests can have a taste of home in MSC Virtuosa’s authentic British pub. Over 40 beers are available.
For those who want to make the most of the ocean vistas, MSC Virtuosa’s range of outdoor bars, both poolside and on the highest decks, are the perfect spot to sip on a delicious drink and take in a stunning sunset for a moment of pure bliss.
5. THE SWEET LIFE
Guests can satisfy a sweet tooth in style, as award-winning pastry chef and chocolatier, Jean-Philippe Maury returns on MSC Virtuosa with Chocolat & Café and Crêpes & Gelato, two delectable concepts for pure indulgence.
The Crêpes & Gelato counter is filled with tempting delicacies, including unctuous milkshakes, decadent ice creams and fruity sorbets, and classic French crêpes.
The Chocolat & Café features an open chocolaterie where guests can surround themselves in chocolate. A chocoholic’s dream, the cosy café and shop is adorned with intricate chocolate sculptures, and guests can watch the artistic chocolate-making process with their own eyes, whilst tasting an impressive array of sweet treats.
6. THE BEST OF BRITISHEspecially for British guests this summer, a taste of home can be found on board the ship. Comforting favourites including a warm helping of shepherd’s pie, a proper full English breakfast and a freshly cooked roast dinner with all the trimmings and lashings of gravy - all available in the Marketplace Buffet daily. MSC Cruises knows the way to a Brit’s heart is with a good cuppa, so kettles and beloved British teas will be made available in every cabin to provide that taste of home.
For more information and to book, visit: www.msccruises.co.uk/cruises/ships/msc-virtuosa/itineraries, contact your local travel agents or call our contact centre directly on 0203 426 3010.