Start planning your cruise and book your excursions to Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany is a prominent European port on the river Elbe, bridging continental Europe and Scandinavia. This MSC Northern Europe Cruises destination boasts magnificent buildings overlooking the harbour, numerous canals, and the Speicherstadt, the world’s largest warehouse district.
MSC Cruises excursions offer plenty of exciting things to see including:
• Speicherstadt: the Warehouse Town
• Hamburg by Land and Sea
Speicherstadt is the world's largest complex of warehouses, spanning an area of 630,000 square metres. Built between 1883 and 1927, its home to remarkable Neo-Gothic brick buildings — including museums. Explore its labyrinth of alleys, canals and bridges on an MSC Cruises excursion, where you’ll learn more about this renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site and its world-famous architecture.
Hamburg is renowned for its elegant boulevards, stately buildings, and emerald green parks. On an MSC Cruises excursion you’ll enjoy a breathtaking tour of the canals, the riverside, and other fascinating city landmarks. Begin with a captivating drive through HafenCity and the Speicherstadt — the historic warehouse quarter. Next, admire Hamburg's waterways by boat and the magnificent views of its skyline. Discover City Hall, Planten un Blomen botanical park, the trendy Jungfernstieg area, and the iconic St. Michael's Church. A view of 17th-century houses in the Krameramtsgasse closes this delightful tour.
Lübeck, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a charming old city on the river Trave, characterised by its remarkable Gothic architecture. Take a scenic MSC Cruises excursion to one of the most beautiful ports in Germany where you’ll discover elegant alleyways, courtyards, and the remains of a medieval development. Admire the renowned Holtenstor (Holsten Gate), the Hospital of Holy Spirit, and the world's largest mechanical organ at St. Mary’s Church. Finally, enjoy a delicious German lunch before returning to Hamburg.
Cruises from/to Hamburg in 2021
Excursions & Activities Hamburg
MSC Hotels and FlightsIf you have already booked an MSC Cruise online, MSC Hotels and Flights will provide the best available selection of hotels, flights and transfers at any moment. Discover more!
TRAVEL TO THE Hamburg CRUISE TERMINAL
- From direction A1 / A255 / A252 / B4 / B75 - Before / behind the Elbbrücken (Billhorner Brückenstraße) take the exit Freihafen / Veddel. Once Prielstraße merges into the Am Bahndamm turn at the end of it to the left in the Rampenstraße. Follow the course of the road until Veddeler Damm.
- From the A7 - Take the Waltershof exit and turn into Finkenwerder Straße towards Köhlbrandbrücke. Drive the road that merges into the Roßdamm... Finally, from all directions above turn into the Reiherdamm and turn left at the second intersection into the Buchheisterstraße to follow the road to the end.
- From the A24 - Head northwest on the A24 until reaching the roundabout to drive straight along the ekingsallee. Follow the signs to the city center and turn left at the sign "Bürgerweide / B75". Follow the road for about 3km to the exit "Veddel". Keep right and then turn left onto Prielstraße. Drive along the railway tracks and turn right at the end of it to pass the tunnel. Then turn left and follow the road for next 3km. Keep right until you finally see the ship.
MSC Parking is bookable online up to 48 hours before your cruise departure. Bookings after the 48 hour deadline can be made directly with the provider, and the same reduced rates will be applied when presenting your cruise travel documents.
Parking on your own at terminal Steinwerder°
Address: Buchheisterstraße 12, 20457 Hamburg
Flughafen Hamburg Fuhlsbüttel Airport (https://www.hamburg-airport.de/en/index.php) is located around 19km from the cruise port.
- If you have booked your flight via MSC, your transfer to the cruise terminal is already included. One of our multilingual staff will meet you at the exit of the airport and guide you to your bus, which will bring you directly to the terminal.
- If you have arranged a flight yourself, MSC Cruises offers you the possibility to book an individual airport transfer. The booking is made via your travel agency or our contact center, indicating the flight details (airline, flight route from / to, flight number, departure and arrival time).
- If you choose to continue by train, from Hamburg-Veddel (S-Bahn) P + R car park coach lot, runs a shuttle bus (about € 2.50 per person), which brings you every hour to the Cruise Center Steinwerder. Information about the arrival and departure of the Steinwerder shuttle service can also be found at: https://www.cruisegate-hamburg.de/de/anfahrt/cruise-center-steinwerder.
- To reach Hamburg MSC Cruises disposes of discounted tickets for the Deutsche Bahn. These are valid for the trip to / from Hamburg in all trains (ICE, EC / IC, IR, RE, RB, NCL) and from / to all stations of the Deutsche Bahn AG.
Children (6-14 years) may travel free of charge, but a ticket is still required.
Children under 6 are not required a ticket.
Note: This discounted train offer is only valid in connection with your MSC cruise. Please note the advance booking period of at least 30 days prior to departure.
- Our MSC Shuttle Service from the main train station to Steinwerder (price € 5, - per person / each way) is also available. This service can be purchased on site with one of our hostesses. The meeting point is at the exit Kirchenallee.
Information about the arrival and departure of the Steinwerder shuttle service can also be found at: https://www.cruisegate-hamburg.de/de/anfahrt/cruise-center-steinwerder
A luggage drop off point will be available for you at the train station as well at a small charge.
- You can also request the MSC Transfer service by calling our contact centre or your travel agent.