The Warnemünde quarter in Rostock is a famous German seaside resort that you can visit when you reach the German coasts on your MSC cruise of northern Europe.
At the mouth of the river Warnow, in the Baltic Sea, Warnemünde will surprise you with its villas, hotels and the large white and silver beach. Its heart is Am Strom, next to the port, where the homes of old captains and fishermen have been turned into coffee shops and boutiques. With an excursion during the cruise, you can continue towards Schwerin.
Surrounded by lakes and with a fairytale Schloss that tickles the imagination, the town represents a pleasant surprise, given by the architecture and spirit of a historic capital. Continuing the excursion you can admire Lubeck, one of the few cities along Europe's northern coasts that preserves the glory of medieval times.
For more than two centuries the standard bearer of the Hanseatic League, this was one of the wealthiest and most powerful of European cities, the Venice of the Baltic. The commercial opulence is best expressed in its architecture: from the oldest Rathaus in Germany to the churches with the tallest bell-towers to the merchants’ mansions.
Lubecca is the first city in Northern Europe to be included in the list of UNESCO world heritage sites in 1987. Finally, you should not leave out a visit to the cosmopolitan Berlin, the largest and liveliest city in Germany. Amongst the monuments to visit are the Brandebourgh Gate. Situated close to the Reichstag, the seat of the German parliament, the monument, designed on the model of Athens’ Acropolis, was built as the city’s arch of triumph in 1791 and soon became the symbol of unified Germany.
The Brandenburg Gate looms over the ornamental gardens in Pariser Platz which extends eastwards towards the wide, tree-lined Unter den Linden avenue, that means “Beneath the linden trees”, flanked by shops and cafés.
Excursions & Activities
MSC Hotels and FlightsIf you have already booked an MSC Cruise online, MSC Hotels and Flights will provide the best available selection of hotels, flights and transfers at any moment. Discover more!
Reach the Port
Take exit 14 (Rostock-West) and follow the B103 towards Warnemünde. Take the exit "Werftallee" in Warnemünde, follow the signs to Passagierkai and then drive to the Warnemünde Cruise Center. MSC Parking is provided by Parken und Meer as a shuttle service, located at Handelsstrasse 4, Rostock.
MSC Parking is bookable online up to 48 hours before your cruise departure. Bookings after the 48 hour deadline can be made directly with the provider, and the same reduced rates will be applied when presenting your cruise travel documents.
PARKEN UND MEER
WARNEMUNDE -VALET Parking°
Address: Am Passagierkai 3, 18119 Rostock
Tel: +49 381 / 877 33 285
°MSC Parking is bookable online up to 48 hours before your cruise departure. Bookings after the 48 hour deadline can be made directly with MSC Parking, and the same reduced rates will be applied when presenting your cruise travel documents
PARKEN UND MEER, WARNEMUNDE
Address: Handelsstrasse 4, 18069 Rostock
Tel: +49 381 / 877 33 285
- Rostock-Laage Airport (https://www.rostock-airport.de/) is 45km away from the Warnemunde port
- Berlin Airport is 230km away from the Warnemunde port
You can request an offer of MSC Transfer service through MSC Call Center or your travel agent. Fly&cruise guests have their transfer included in the package.
Driving to the airport of departure? With ParkinGO, MSC customers get 5% discount on parking near the main airports in Europe. Book now to get the best deal!
- To reach Warnemunde MSC Cruises disposes of discounted tickets for the Deutsche Bahn. These are valid for the round trip to / from Hamburg in all trains (ICE, EC / IC, IR, RE, RB, NCL) and from / to all stations of the Deutsche Bahn AG. Children (6-14 years) may travel free of charge, but a ticket is still required. Children under 6 are not required a ticket. Note: This discounted train offer is only valid in connection with your MSC cruise. Please note the advance booking period of at least 30 days prior to departure. A luggage drop off point will be available for you at the train station as well at a small charge.
- You can also request the MSC Transfer service by calling our contact centre or your travel agent.
- Alternatively, you can use the regular city train (S-Bahn) connections from Rostock central station to Warnemünde. It is about 25 minutes suburban train journey to the cruise terminal in Warnemünde. The train station is just a few minutes’ walk (450 meters) from the cruise terminal.