OUR STAFFFeel the warmth of our hospitality
A genuine welcome
At MSC Cruises it is our aim to provide you with a service full of warmth and friendliness. Our staff training programmes ensure we know how to look after our guests with the right amount of respect and discretion. Whether we are bringing you drinks, preparing your food, or answering any questions you may have, we will do our best to be helpful. You will find our staff to be spontaneous and natural so you can relax and enjoy every single moment of your holiday, safe in the knowledge you are in good hands.
• A high staff per guest ratio, ensures an effective high quality service on board
• Our multilingual staff deliver information in languages most widely-recognised by our guests
• Our problem solving attitude, provides attentive and quick solutions to any request
Maintaining the highest standards
• Each of our highly qualified masters draws on the company’s experience to navigate our fleet of ships
• Dedicated staff operating procedures and ongoing staff training
• Thorough onboard familiarisation takes place for each new crew member during their first two weeks
• We provide motivating welfare programmes for personnel, such as the “Employee of the Month” award
• Healthy, well equipped and well trained crew: our crew undergoes extensive screening and medical checks, is thoroughly trained and strictly follows the measures of our Health & Safety Protocol
From 2006 until 2011 he followed the building of new constructions in the Saint Nazaire shipyard as Safety Officer. On 2011 he was promoted as Staff Captain and he was also involved in the start-up of MSC Divina and MSC Preziosa. In 2016 he became Master.
He graduated from the Nautical institute Francesco Caracciolo in 1983 and immediately after proceeded to work on cargo ships with rank of Deckhand and then moved up in different ranks. In 1996 he was promoted First Officer.
Captain Battinelli joined MSC after twenty years of experience with the cruise industry. Despite his prestigious career, Stefano underwent a month of training before becoming the MSC Orchestra Master in December 2017. Master Battinelli has a wide experience in New Building and has been in charge of various classes of ships.
Master Marco Massa started his career on June 1995 on Old fashion Ship MSC Symphony as Junior Cadet Officer, during next years he was sailing on MSC Rhapsody and MSC Melody, as Navigator Officer, on cruise all around Mediterranean, Caribbean, South Africa and South America coasts.
In 2003 he embarked on New MSC Cruise Ship, in construction in the Saint Nazaire Yard, the MSC Lirica as Environmental Officer and subsequently on MSC Opera year after. He was employed as Safety Officer on MSC Opera and MSC Sinfonia and then in charge of new constructions and Start-ups. He was promoted Master in 2012.
In 2007, he was given the command of MSC Melody, his first cruise ship, and is now in his sixth sailing period with MSC Cruises. Master Pinto has commanded various ships in the Lirica Class as well as MSC Melody, including the voyage of her attack by pirates, when his prompt skills secured the safety of all guests and crew.
In 2000 he was promoted to Master of MSC Monterey and after MSC Cargo ships, where he remained until 2004 after a total of 6 embarks. In 2004 he chose to permanently command passenger ships and in 2010 he was given the command of MSC Splendida.
He has commanded all classes of the MSC Cruises' fleet.
Captain Romano has led ships in the Lirica and Musica classes as well as MSC Melody.
From 2003 until 2008 he was involved in the Mega Yacht Industry. In 2012 he came back to the Cruise Industry.
From 2003 to 2005 he followed the construction projects in the Saint Nazaire shipyard. In 2009 he was promoted to Staff Captain, and finally Master in 2018.